Sunday, August 15, 2010

My twisted sense of humor & Ellie channels her inner rock star.

Ok so my sense of humor is incredibly twisted sometimes...I rerooted the red heads hair a while back. I used a vintage doll whose neck had broken...to fix her I wired in a wooden bead. I glue the wire in place and twised it in tight. Well I must not have twisted it as tight as I thought as i noticed her head was rather loose. So I re-removed her head and tightened the wire and glued the bead onto the neck joint. Since I couldn't replace the head until the glue dried I decided to 'have a little fun' with the dolls. My 16yr old son is amused by the poseability of the Fashionista dolls and always chuckles at the way they can be posed. Sooo I set up this little scene for him to find. He likes to come in and ask 'Whatcha doing?' since these gals sit on an eye level shelf I figured that if I mentioned I had to fix her he was sure to look! OH I wish I could have recorded his expression!!! It was priceless! =D
I spent yesterday out with my oldest son, (I'm gonna take 1 son out every month for some US time! =D) We hit the mall and then saw The Expendables (excellent movie BTW!!!) While out shopping I found this fabulous 'leather' jacket and tank top. They are for the Liv brand dolls but fit the Barbies perfectly! I found on ebay this great Fedora, boots and purse. Ellie modeled them for me, although she was complaining that she has no full length pant or leggings to wear under the boots. (so guess who'll be making some soon? lol)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry I have commented in awhile...but I'm trying to catch up:) I LOVE seeing what your doing with the Barbies! (And today post made me laugh...I have a 14 yr old son that just rolls his eyes at me, too).... I still have all mine and Cora's Barbies....Don't think we'll ever part with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Katie, I COMPLETELY understand how real life tends to get in the way. =D Glad my post made you smile. I am having a blast with the Barbies! My mom has all of my Barbie stuff...sadly SHE won't let it go. :-( I'd love to have it, but I guess I can't blame her for hanging on to it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Barbie collection is going to fund her retirement traveling LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...IF she were to ever sell it maybe...but Mom doesn't like to sell anything! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ja, ja, que dia más duro. Hacer de médico y de modista. Pero todo lo hiciste bien. Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say! =D